Friday, February 5, 2010

St. Augustine 405... site design

It's been a crazy few months. So I'll do a quick recap.
After embarking on a fun albeit challenging deadline with Patrick Ortman and GOBODY I was invited by the city of St. Augustine to submit a proposal on a website design.

How they got my name is still a mystery.

Coincidence? I'm not an infrastructure guy but just worked with someone who is. This guy also has years of experience designing websites etc. Patrick Ortman.

Long story short we had a day. One very long day to create a budget, mock-up site design and overall proposal that fit the requirements of the government standards which for me? Was totally foreign coming from primarily a creative background.

Spent the first and second part of the day creating a mock up. the third and fourth parts of the day were spent on the other requirements documentation) bed at 4am or something silly. The next morning I got up and started calculating the man-hours for the budget.

(it was due at 1pm). I sent an email to Staples with an attached .pdf at 12:00pm, took a shower and was out the door by 12:15. When I arrived at Staples they hadn't even started printing but that's fine it took me an additional 10 minutes to pick out appropriate binders, envelopes and seals to submit my 3 copies. (the girl helping me was super accommodating). I ended up arriving to the city office within 3 minutes of the deadline and submitted our documents. Here are some of the initial mock ups I did.






We didn't get the job. we scored the lowest on price but I'd say it a rewarding experience nonetheless. I appreciate their consideration and look forward to seeing the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment